- Grated Carrots – 3 cups
- Milk – 1 1/2 cups
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Ghee – 3 tablespoons
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 teaspoons
- Saffron Strands – a pinch
- Chopped Cashewnuts – 2 tablespoons
- In a heavy bottomed kadai, fry the grated carrots in a tablespoon of ghee for one minute. Then add the milk and saffron and pressure cook for one whistle.
- To this, add sugar and keep stirring in a heavy bottomed kadai in medium heat.
- When complete moisture is absorbed, add half of the ghee. Fry for two more minutes and remove from heat.
- Fry the cashewnuts in the remaining ghee and add it to the halwa with the cardamom powder. Mix well. Serve warm or at room temperature or serve warm with a dollop of Ice cream.