- 1 cup of Basmati Rice (washed and soaked for half hour)
- 300 grams of Jaggery (Bellam) (pounded to a coarse powder)
- ¼ cup of Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- 3 Cloves (Loung)
- 4 cups Water
- 4 Green Cardamom Pods (Choti Ilaichi) (powdered)
- In a small pot, bring water to a boil add the drained rice, cloves and cardamom pods. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer till rice is cooked.
- Drain rice well in a colander. Heat clarified butter in a pan; add rice and mix well.
- Lower heat; mix in the jaggery. Cover and put pot over a griddle or tawa on low heat for about 15 minutes, stirring a couple of times in between serve hot.