Can you find a better recipe of oven orange chicken than this? I am challenging you to. If it is an impressive main dish that you require, then this dish is the answer. The primary ingredient in oven orange chicken is always chicken. Treat your friends to this oven orange chicken and let them know its taste.
- 2 1/2 to 3-lb. frying chicken, cut up
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 oranges, sliced
1. Place chicken pieces, skin side down and thick edges toward outside, in 2-quart (12×7) glass baking dish. Sprinkle on onion and green pepper. Combine remairing ingredients, except orange slices, in small mixing bowl; pour over chicken. Cover with plastic wrap.
2. Microwave on HIGH for 20 minutes. Turn chicken over; place orange slices on top, and continue cooking on HIGH for 5 to 6 minutes or until fork tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.