* Milk- 1 cup
* Sugar powdered- 1 cup
* Almonds or Badam- ½ cup
* Ghee- ½ cup
1. Soak the almonds in water overnight and blanch it.
2. (Blanching is soaking and removing the peels of the almond.
3. Remove the outer skin and grind into smooth paste using milk for grinding.
4. Mix little water to sugar and heat it in a heavy bottomed kadai or oan or vessel till it is dissolved and once when one string consistency is reached.
5. Add badam or almond paste and cook till it becomes thick.
6. When the halwa sticks to bottom, Add ghee little by little and cook till halwa consistency is reached.Then make Rouded shape to serve.
* 1 1/4 cup Gram Glour,
* 1 1/4 cup Maida,
* 250 gms Ghee
* 2 1/2 cups Sugar,
* 1 1/2 cup Water,
* 2 tbsp Milk
* 1/2 tsp Cardamom seeds crushed coarsely
* 4″ squares cut from a thin polythene sheet
1. Sift both flours together, Heat ghee in a heavy saucepan.
2. Add flour mixture and roast on low till light golden.
3. Keep aside to cool a little, stirring occasionally.
4. Prepare syrup simultaneously. Make syrup out of sugar, water and milk.
5. Bring syrup to 2 1/2 thread consistency. Pour at once into the flour mixture.
6. Beat well with a large fork till the mixture forms threadlike flakes. .
7. Pour onto a greased surface or thali and roll to 1″ thickness lightly.
8. Sprinkle the elaichi and gently press down with palm.
9. Cool, cut into 1″ squares, wrap individually into square pieces of thin plastic sheet.
10. Store in an airtight container.