* Heat the milk slowly in a pan to boiling point.
* Meanwhile in a bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar together until smooth and foamy pour the heated milk over the egg mixture, beating all the time.
* Return the mixture to the pan and cook over a low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until it thickens slightly to form a coating over the back of the spoon (do not let it boil).
* Pour into a bowl, cool then refrigerate until chilled, stir in the cream and rosewater then either churn in an ice-cream maker or pour into a shallow plastic box and place in the freezer until completely frozen (after 2 hours of freezing, you may wish to remove the ice cream from the freezer and whisk it to remove any ice crystals that form at the edges – repeat this twice more during the freezing process).
* 30 minutes before serving, place the ice cream in the fridge to soften.