Asanas or yoga poses cleanse, strengthen and purify the physical body, improve the flow of energy and can lead to improved focus, concentration and analytical powers in the mind.
Pranayama or breathing influences the flow of prana in our body. Proper breathing is to bring more oxygen to the blood and to the brain, and to control Prana or the vital life energy.
Pranayama goes hand in hand with the Asanas. Together asana and pranayama help us to sense the bliss sheath and so connect with the universal consciousness throughout our daily lives.
Mudra, the science of hand and finger postures, can help you to cure bodily ailments in a wonderful manner. Mudras simply means hand and finger postures. Like yoga asanas, it is also a discipline, to rejuvenate the body. It actually helps in balancing the five elements (panch-tattvas) in the human system to their optimal levels.
Explore the different Yoga Asanas, Pranayamas and Mudras in the following sections:
Agnisara “Agni” connotes ‘fire’ in Sanskrit. In this pranayama the internal fire is stirred up, thus increasing the body heat.
- Do not practice this pranayama after a meal.
- Pregnant and menstruating women should not perform this pose.
- This pranayama should be avoided by people with abdominal surgery.
- This pranayama improves digestion.
- Agnisara is an energy booster.
- This pranayama helps reduce fat from your abs.
- Blood circulation to the digestive system is increased.